Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great dta 2013-07-16 8:15

Hello Brodacz ,
First , welcome to TE !
This is a splendid coatsal landscape . The composition is perfect , the light is well captured and the sky isbeautiful .
Regards

Old 07-12-2013, 04:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To EstudioChispa: dad's got ink

thank you, russ ~

feet may not always be required, but someone invariably points it out whenever i fail to include them

and i agree, i don't mind sacrificing extremities for details

your note about the "hand on the head" trait is so interesting!
i love that, we should have more of that here in the US.

so how did your 100 go yesterday?

all best,
kristin
Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 PM
TE Senior Member

*LOL* I hope I haven't been obnoxious with the "Where's the feet?" thang! As a only slightly on-point aside, a short anecdote: Gunnar visited here a few months ago (his son lives in Austin). I posed him and his wife on lawn chairs in front of some art and shot a foto where I deliberately kept his feet (at the end of outstretched legs) in the foreground. I shared it with him and he cropped it... Good-bye feet! ;-)

Regarding community supervision of children, I heard a report a while back, from Denmark or somewhere similarly progressive, where a sociologist observed a place where families would gather and picnic or whatever. S/he identified a behavior where any adult was allowed (and perhaps responsible) to supervise any child that was within twenty feet or so of them at any given time.

And finally, thanks for asking about the 100th -- I felt like it was my birthday party! Our friends here are so kind.

All my best,

Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 07-15-2013, 03:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Default feet

no, you have not at all been obnoxious with the "Where's the feet? thang!" --
it wasn't you, it was a female on one photo, but i can't remember offhand who it was, and i think it was Gert on another shot.

that's a funny story about Gunnar and the feet!

that sounds like Denmark (or any other Skandinavian country) to have any adult allowed to supervise kids within twenty feet or so -- and (not coincidentally!!) -- they are the happiest places to live in the world.

that opinion from a half Dane

kristin
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM
TE Senior Member

I should have included the Dropbox link -- the first two shots here are Gunnar's edit and my original...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lat3t5fs28ux8su/9CRSBbH_e4
Best,
Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 07-16-2013, 03:41 PM
TE Senior Member

Default gunnar's feet :)

i went back & forth on these, russ, and am now surprising myself by saying i think i prefer your shot with the feet included...there's something very interesting in that perspective.

so is that you with the long hair?!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 PM
TE Senior Member

For better or worse, 'tis I. It was still college basketball season (and a slightly chilly morning by Austin standards), so I was in the Jayhawk hoodie. "Be true to your school." :-)

Thanks for the feedback on the feet-or-no-feet Q. Gunnar and his wife were delightful, as you might expect, and it cracked me up that he cropped the feet, as they weren't THAT exaggerated or prominent. Also wanted to call your attention to the art behind them -- a very talented (and admittedly oddball) man named Talbot created it. He works in many media but many of them feature mosaic assemblies, even if (as in this case) it's with crushed aluminum cans. Check out his website, which has changed since my last visit and now his little peeking-then-fading face (upper left corner) is kinda freaking me out. Not to paint an unfair picture of him -- he's friendly, engaging, scary smart, and plays a mean game of three-sided pingpong.
:-)

Russ
Austin, Texas