Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jlbrthnn 2012-01-03 11:10

Buenos das Angel,
Como un ojo? S, y tambin como la boca del tiburn de "Jaws". El punto de vista y la composicin son soberbios. La calidad es excelente. Bravo.
Buena tarde. Bonne Anne!
Amicalement
Jol

Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 PM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: A Fine Workshop...........

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your kind remarks and also for taking the time and effort to do a workshop for me.

Firstly, like yourself, I wasn't totally convinced by the off-centre composition but I had fiddled about with it for ages before I finally plumped for that particular crop. I thought it was nice to include both the letterbox and also the "108" to the right of the door. To the left of the door was a heap of cables and electric boxes and nothing too attractive.

Your black and white conversion is excellent and, I think, shows off the texture of the door and its wood probably better than the colour version. Did you increase the contrast a bit too? What it also shows very well is something which I had thought myself but which was confirmed by Gunnar (saxo042) - those "knockers" and their shadows look like a pair of big sad eyes!

Perhaps my title was a little inappropriate for this site, I don't know, but, having spent most of my life prior to retirement dealing with and operating upon those particular appendages, I thought I might be granted some degree of poetic licence!

Kindest Regards,

John.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 AM
TE Expert

Cool B&W

Thanks John - It was a very quick conversion and I didn't change the levels and curves just fiddled about with the filters. The shot just looked as if it would work in B&W ... an alternative not an improvement. Don'y worry about the knockers! Rosemary