Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great setenay 2015-06-25 12:43

Merhaba Ahmet,
mavi zaman gzelliği iinde lalelerin ok hoş grndğ bu nefis manzaraya imrenerek baktım.Amsterdam'ın en gzel zamanında gitmşsiniz, umarım Keukenhof Garden'i de grmşsnzdr.Ayrıca Cuma gnleri trenle Amsterdama 1 saat uzaklıktaki Alkmaar daki peynir mezatı fotoğrafılar iin tam bir şlen ve kaırılmayacak fırsat.Ben 3. kez gittiğimde hepsini denk getirip grebilmiştim.Balkan geziniz de ok keyifli olmuş.Sefanız olsun ,ok selamlar

Old 06-26-2015, 04:27 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: An interesting place.......

Thank you, Gert, for your kind remarks about this one.

It really is a pity that this place has been allowed to fall into such a state of neglect and decay but it is an interesting place to explore. Even better is the fact that it lies at least two miles from any main road and can only be accessed on foot by walking along rough tracks and through some woods - that seems to have given it the advantage of not being regularly visited by "nerds" so there was no evidence of discarded wine bottles, beer cans or any of the other unpleasant rubbish some people leave behind them.

Interesting too is a little dog cemetery which lies in the woods behind this place and accessed by walking round to the left of the building you see. Some of the dogs' graves date back 100 years or more though many are very recent. I actually did take some pictures there but they were horrible and not worth presenting here. The problem was that I tend to take my little compact Canon EOS M camera with me on walks like this (it's much lighter and easier to carry than my DSLR) and that small camera has a touchscreen. While that can possibly be an advantage, it also has the problem that, if you leave the camera switched on, any touch on the screen (like the camera touching your clothes) can randomly upset the settings. Unfortunately the thing must have bounced off my belly while I was walking through those woods and I later discovered that all the pictures I had taken of the dog cemetery had been taken at ISO 12800 and were so noisy that they were useless. So I must remember to leave it switched off when I'm not actually trying to take pictures!

Kind Regards,

John.