Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Clairedelune 2008-02-11 15:09

Hello Gordana,
This is a very good photo. A photo that I like. Usually, when we have a person like that in the foreground, we often have the tendency to not really look at the background. But I find the background as interesting as the woman there. And somehow, they fit completely well together.
I am not a great fan of "colored B&W", but I must admit that it works for me here.
If I may just nitpick a little, I might have wish if you had cropped the half person on the right frame. And I wonder, did you still had some details in the clothes of the woman? It seems a little too pitch black.
But, except those little details, the photo itself IS really good, don't doubt it!
Claire

Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Clairedelune: Details

Hey again Claire

I might have wish if you had cropped the half person on the right frame

I didn't crop the person on the right cause the old lady was becoming to centralized with the crop, I could've cloned him out, but I guess I thought that was too much work at the time.

And I wonder, did you still had some details in the clothes of the woman? It seems a little too pitch black.

Well, taken with my old camera in a strong light, the original version was a disaster, but I liked the theme so much that I post-processed the photo pretty hard, maybe some of the details were destroyed during the post-processing, but believe me, this was the best I could get out of it.

Very useful critique Claire, a kind that surely lacks here on TE.