Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-02-2003, 01:38 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: ? missing points

Je suis d'accord avec Gattaca. Je ne sais pas ce qui est arriv, mais il y a des rgles et il nous faut les respecter. Je suis ici pour apprendre, regarder et juger les photos des membres et me faire corriger gentiment. Les points sont un bonus, nous en avons tous perdus plus ou moins. Mais ce n'est pas un concours.
En passant, merci Adam pour ce site C'est super bien fait.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: ? Even more missing points

Le points ne sont en effet pas le but premier pour publier une photo. C'est certain que c'est encourageant de voir que d'autres personnes apprcient ce que vous faites.
Pour le reste je regretterai malgr tout la "disparition" de Caprice qui m'avait toujours critiqu mes photos dans un sens constructif. De plus ses photos taient superbes.

Je n'avais pas encore eu l'ocasion de le dire, mais bravo Adam pour ce site, et faisons tous ensemble en sorte qu'il continue encore longtemps.

Didier
Old 11-02-2003, 01:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: ? missing points

Please, forget about those points... Enjoy, the points you got from honest participants and remember the main purpose of this website: The see the world through photos from the world over.

Learn about the world, show your part of it and what you saw elsewhere, say what you like about the work of others and correct when you can. Be humble, be open, be honest!

I respect Adam for enforcing the TOS and I'm sure that he is doing it honestly.

Personnally, I won't miss a certain photo of a boxletter in heart shape frame or any pictures of graffitis and garbage bins...
Old 11-02-2003, 03:24 PM
TE Expert

Default Is changing history a smart move?

I have followed this discussion and of course it is a sad thing that some members leaves the Te in frustration, disappointment, misunderstanding or whatever.
But it is the right move to take out the points given in the process? As long as there is a system for evaluating pics. based on points, smile or whatever. Is'nt a so that what you do as a member will stand, even if you quit the forum?
It's allright that the leaving members don't want anything to do with TE, but the history should not change. Points given should instead be kept to the actual picture, but of course without the reference to the memeber or the members comment (if that is important). At least not a data problem I think.
As I see it the old Sovjet state is long gone, and with them the ability to change the history. (Of course another ref. is George Orwell: 1984).
For Adam: Take it as a proposal and a little to reflect over. The principal of changing the history is a difficult one, where taking time to do the right thing is very important. As long as this website is a nearly open forum, with some, I think, good rules to play with, it is important that one does not alter the good old democracy! We do right, we do wrong - but noen of us can change the history.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:39 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Is changing history a smart move?

"But it is the right move to take out the points given in the process?"

When site abuse is involved I believe it is the right thing to do.

"it is important that one does not alter the good old democracy!"

Let me reiterate that this site is not a democracy, it never has been and never will be.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:01 PM
TE Expert

Accept that!

The little frame under "about" with the mission says:

"TrekEarth is dedicated to fostering a global community interested in photography from around the world. TrekEarth members strive to provide engaging photographs and useful critiques for each other and the entire internet community."

What to say - the strategy looks fine without defining it in more details. And to some of us - an open discussion is a trade mark for democracy - witout regard to who or whom is the owner of the forum.

Have a nice sunday, I look forward to participate within the frames of the "mission".
Old 11-02-2003, 04:10 PM
TE Expert

"open discussion is a trade mark for democracy"

OK, in that sense yes, I understand now. I disagree that points should remain even though critiques are removed. Points are irrelevant. It's the critiques which matter.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: ? Account removal and T.O.S

"Points are irrelevant. It's the critiques which matter".
This is right, and when a member leaves, it's normal all parts of the site linked with his/her account leave as well. Sounds normal.
Now, just a note for Roland. It seems you have no clue at all of how an internet community works. There are some rules, as everywhere. Maintaining harmony in a group (wathever it is), is only possible if every member of this group accepts to play the game in accordance with the terms of service... and with a fair attitude. I don't think you are entitled to adopt a rude language here. It's not only rude for Adam but also for those who appreciate this wonderful site. You left. I have no complaint about that.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:04 PM
TE Expert

Default Nombre de critiques ou nombre de points ?

Juste un petit clin d'oeil.
A mon avis un bon pourcentage de nombre de critiques par rapport au total des photos publies est plus intressant qu'un grand nombre de points.
100 points pour 100 photos publies a ne signifie rien du tout.
Je m'intresse uniquement la critique lorsqu'elle me permet d'amliorer ma technique, de partager en retour mes connaissances et aussi cela m'a permis de connatre des personnes qui publient des photos merveilleuses.