Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Banned

Default To sunny: Pola

Hi Maria, thanks a lot for your visit of my gallery and kind words. I was too not aware of the polarizers before joining TE and looking at the photos together with the notes and technical details attached to them. Having seen that, I looked again at my photos with a more critical eye, I noticed for example that on many of my Portugal photos, the sky was burned and milky due to the strength of the sun, I think in Bulgaria you may have similar conditions in summer.
So I began to research and found a private web page explaining how to mount filters on my camera. Researching about available polas, I found out the most praised ones are the "Hoya", but the main difficulty was to find out what I needed exactly to mount one on my camera. Finally I found out I could buy all necessary items (adapter, filter holder and filter) from the french site of a german online shop (Photo offer is much bigger in Germany, a country with a long optical tradition). I bought the Cokin System, that gives the possibility to add more filters if I need.
Here the web site: http://www.cokin.com/index.html
Have a nice day, Jean-Yves
Old 12-14-2004, 06:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To sunny: Pola

Hi Jean-Yves,
I didn't have much time recently to participate on TE so I am trying to catch up by critiqueing the pictures in bunch...:-) Thank you so much for the information about filters.
Have a nice evening too!