Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delic 2008-06-02 6:54

Interesting concept with just the facade. Looks good, though. Light, contrast and composition are all excellent. I wouldn't tell this was a stitch work if you didn't reveal it in the note. I'm curious, couldn't you get it all in at 18 mm, or does stitching offer advantages, like less distortion? Regards,
Hakan

Old 06-02-2008, 02:39 PM
TE Expert

Default To delic: stitch

Hi Hakan,

nice to hear from you. Thanks for stoping by.

The fact I chose to catch the scene from 3 shots was because there were some trees and shrubs just behind me and the 18mm lens was too narrow to include the street lamps and the green around. I guess the result is something I could get with a wide angle such as the 10mm, not sure. Regarding the distortion, that's an issue when you work with stitching process. The soft I worked with could fix that partially but the post-alignment was necessary in Photoshop (lens correction). The orignal image is quite terrible with the facade in its curved lines. I think both (stitching and wide lens) come with an expressive distortion. Actually it's difficult for me not to use the lens correction for all my photos. I find it essential.

Best regards,
Carlos
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delic: stitch

Thanks for all the details, Carlos. I have been shying away from stitch jobs for all the PP that's involved. Your excellent output is encouraging me to give it a try. All the best,
Hakan
Old 06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To delic: stitch

try to use PTgui. Good one!

You are welcome, buddy.

Carlos