Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delic 2008-05-31 14:15

Hey Kristaps,
Surprising and refreshing catch from Montreal. Love your composition and the way you cropped it. I think it's oversharpened though. I would also selectively increase the brightness in the upper corners. Despite my PP nitpicking, I think this is one of your best. Cheers!
Hakan

Old 06-02-2008, 02:29 PM
TE Expert

Default To delic: PP

merhaba hakan

thank you for the insighful and kind comment. as to oversharpening: well, i know that stuff is highly dependent on the monitor. unfortunately, i cannot see how you see the pic on yours. all i could do was to optimize it (to my liking) on the screen i worked on. i know, that opening the same pic on my other monitor displayed it too dark... while opening it on my work computer showed oversharpening as you noticed. so, yes, hard stuff: to make all monitors happy at the same time. :)as to increasing brightness in upper corners: good idea. i guess, it would tame the wide angle vignetting. don't know why i did not do it in the first place. :)

regards,
kristaps
Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delic: PP

Good day Kristaps :),

You are right about the monitor problem. Calibration and different resolution levels make it impossible to have a uniform quality. We all struggle with it. I am viewing on an Apple PowerBook G4, which is has probably become outdated.

Cheers!

Hakan