Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Censorship on TE / Censure on TE

Hi Dan
As you suggest before, i post in the workshop the deleted picture.
So you will see that it was not a picture of my family or my pets. But a picture of a place where a dog was an important element of the situation, but not the main subject.
It could be a caw, a horse or a chicken. It will be the same.

This is not pleasant to be deleted. It was the first time for me. But it doesn't need any polemic for that.
Now, i have learned that many of us was deleted also before. The probleme is the same for new or old members, it's not the question.

TE must be a pleasure for all of us.
If i was the manager of the site, i will do probably different , but i am not the manager, so i have to follow the rules.

All the best
and sorry for my bad english

Bertrand
Old 01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
TE Expert

I think you were hurry for your conclusion Dan.
The picture is posted in a WS; it's a marvellous picture with a good perspective on the road.
Cheers
Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
TE Expert

Henk- I was not referring to you..... ;-)
Old 01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
TE Expert

Actually, I don' think I was hurried at all. Is it a nice picture?- YES.
Is the dog the main subject in the image? I believe it is..
The low POV gives lots of detail in the rad, but sorry- I do not consider that to be 'landscape'. In my honest opinion; the dog followed by the road is the main subject in this shot- and I reckon that is why it was removed.

Thank you Bertrand for posting this workshop- so we could see/ learn from it.
Kind Regards,
- Dan
Old 01-31-2008, 06:53 PM
TE Junior Member

I have to agree with Dan here. It might be a good picture but there is an awful lot of dog in it. Although it doesn't occupy the whole image, the dog is certainly the star of the show and it is not obvious that it’s not a regular pet. We might agree or disagree with the "no pet" rule, but as long as it is applied, I think the image does not belong here.
Have you ever tried to type "dog" in the search menu? You'll find a lot of images, some of them rated at 50+ points, posted less than a year ago and displaying nothing but a dog.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
TE Expert

:))) No needs to type dog if the word dog is not on the main title or on the author's notes.
There is a nice one posted recently I think abour few minutes.
Regards.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
TE Junior Member

I simply don't get how censorship works. Loads of people put here various portraits, but when I put a portrait it is always being removed.

regards
Adam
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
TE Expert

Hi Marc,
popular members' pics are visited more often simply because their admirers have them on their list of favourites that triggers alerts every time popular member post a new entry. Nothing bad about it.
Personally, I've only got an hour to spend with TE each day.
No way I can browse all the posts uploaded in past 24 hours (since I last logged in) and write 10 critiques a day and since I last logged in!
People still log in and start browsing, but when it comes to browsing new posts, an average attention span is about 5 pages (counting from the freshest one that 'holds' 18 thumbnails). Some browse more, some browse less. Some browse maybe 10 pages and continue tomorrow from where they stopped last time to go further back... but very few will browse 100 pages back and THAT'S WHY you get almost all your points for a photo only within 2-3 days from the day of uploading it.
Hope this makes sense, even though there must be as well some other reasons and explanations...
Cheers,
Robi
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
TE Expert

Default When a dog is not a pet..

Pet dog or not pet dog
Had you said in the note Bertrand:
In foreground the shepard dog keeping an eye at the sheeps in the field - a working dog as you find them many places on this green island...
- the moderator should have no right to take the original photo out as of course a working dog is not the same as a PET - like a puddle i.e having time at the local dog stylist...

Asking me the whole thing is just BS.. especially the 'hunt' from some forum participants - whining and whining about the TOS and the unjustice of TE... what they think is an alliance between some old and active members and the moderators.. seeing ghosts in broad daylight..
Old 01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Censorship on TE / Censure on TE (Didi)

aaaaaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa!!!
I can't believe you've just mentioned that rabbit!
Well done,
Robi