Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PixelTerror 2004-11-07 5:20

Hi Maria, as an amateur of night shots I have to comment on that one, first using no tripod is not a problem, if you have someting stable to place the camera on. Then maybe you could post your aperture/speed values and tell us if your camera has a manual mode (nornally named M, comes together with others called P, A and S) or if you have used a preset night mode. Usually I shoot at night with the manual mode, set the aperture to 8 (maximum with my camera) and play with the speed depending on the level of light I want to get. Another idea is to use the shutter delay, this way you avoid the possible small move of the camera when you press the shutter. Looking at your photo I think you could try to increase the aperture, my final word is that it is very good for a first try I also had to go this hard way and try a lot before getting a decent shot. The cathedral is splendid and your note is excellent. I encourage you to try further as night photography is a fascinating sport !

Old 11-08-2004, 12:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To PixelTerror: Night shots

Hi Jean Yves,
Thank you so much for the wise tips on the night shots subject and for the encouragement :-)) I appreciate it and will try them on my next night tour.
Best regards
Maria