Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sohrab 2004-10-24 3:55

it's a beautifl silhouette with very a very captivating blue in the background krishna. guess it's early in the morning. the lgiths have been switched off. if it was in the evening the lights would have been switched on by now . am i right?
it look slike a japanese temple though. what temple is it exactly . ive never been to kerala, so am not reallly familiar with the architecture there.
perhaps the only thing that i would have done if i was in your place, would have been to try out a composition in which i dont have the street light, but that would have changed the feel of the place a little.
i like this one anyway
realy nice :)
take care

Old 10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
TE Newbie

Default To sohrab: hi there

hi sohrab,

i'am very very impressed by your gallery amazed to be correct. Sorry to tell you that the shot was taken in the evening. the lampost is not lit simply 'cos of load shedding (power cut) a very common problem in kerala. well the temple is my family temple built by my great great granddad...in 1921 around the "kalari" the famous "kalarypight" (the maritial art of kerala). and if you see properly the guardians are snakes at the corner of the roof...again a very typical of kerala temple architecture characteristic...

trust me you must do a trip to kerala with your talent you will go mad in god's own country.
thanks for writting
regds
kichu
Old 10-24-2004, 11:31 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To sohrab: hi there

yeah i know kalaypight. it's the one with the shiel and the sword with the martial artists almost flying in the air. actually i think it is :() ( the name was always a lil tough for me to remember)
i hde no clue about kerala temple architechture. ive a lot of friends fomr kerala thoug, so i think i'll make a trip down south sometime in the future :)
take care