Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jwmunro 2007-11-02 7:37

Bonjour Loic -

At first look I said to my self "...a very nice B&W conversion..." but then I spotted the orange VW. Wow, what a touch of genius! I do like the canal and the embankments as leading lines into the church steeple in the BG. The lighting conditions are a bit dull but your conversion makes use of the poor conditions. The church steeple does look a bit out of vertical but does not really distract from the image. I think this is well seen and well done.

Thank you for sharing.

John

Old 11-02-2007, 05:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To jwmunro: oblique steeple.

Hi John and many thanks for your comments.

Just a small detail about the church steeple: I didn't believe it the first time I saw it, but it seems just not vertical in reality!

I think the problem is that as in many places in Holland, the soil is just composed of a thick layer of very unstable sand and that the whole building is sligthly tilted. There's a tower in Amsterdam which looks the same!

I have never searched the web for that, but it's probably a well known phenomenon (as the Pise Tower in Italy)...

Kind regards.

Loic.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: A jwmunro: oblique steeple.

ok loic je viens te voir ta reponse :-)