Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 08:50 PM
TE Newbie

Default To SoupDragon: My thoughts...

Thank you for your critique and kind words about this image.

I appreciate your opinion on the subject matter. That's the beauty of photography and what I love the most about it - pictures can be more than just a mere record of events, they can be an expression that stirs the emotions, and sometimes even stirs others into action.

Just for the record though, there are some subjects that I take an active stance on and voice my opinion (maybe too loudly some say!), and then there are others that just don't seem to cause me to take a stance at all. This is one of those subjects that just does not seem to move me either way. I love animals, but I'm not sure that this is anymore cruel than, say, a couple of kids fishing down by the river on a warm summer day. I don't know.

Not trying to spark a debate here, just wanted to let you know that I am neither for nor against rodeos as they pertain to animal cruelty. If images like this stir the thoughts or emotions of another, either for or against, that is great; I commend them.

Again, thank you for your input - it is always welcome.