Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-20-2006, 01:36 PM
TE Newbie

Default How much free time do you have???

Hallo!
I'm part of TE since more than one year and I love this place, so I'd love to be more active but... I really wonder how much time do you dedicate to the community???

I have a 9 am - 6 pm Mon to Fri work and I am in front of a pc all day long. I usually upload my photos from the office since at home I have a slow connection. But I can't do much more during office hours and when I'm home I can't stand the pc monitor any longer. I just manage to prepare some new photos to upload next and then that's it. In the weekends I have the housekeeping, and friends to go out with, and day-trips and everything.

I love travel photography but I also have some other interests and a life outside work so... I really don't know where I could find some more free time to browse photos here, write critiques or prepare workshops, unless I start sleeping 4-5 hours per night.

I'd love to improve my photographic skills but I have really not enough time.
So I was just wondering: how do you manage? Or do you all have a very flexible or part-time job???

Thanks for any reply :)
Sabrina
Old 10-20-2006, 03:08 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: How much free time do you have???

Hello Sabrina
As you,I have a very busy schedule at work,other interest beside photography and I am trying to be present to my two daughters.
So mainly my time or TE is in late evening a couple of time a week or like now,in the morning,after the kids have left for school and before going to work,which is at about 10 minutes away,which leaves me with 30 minutes of leisure time.
But most important for me,photo wise,is being outside with the camera.
Have a good weekend
Charles
Old 10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
TE Junior Member

I wish I had more...
Old 10-21-2006, 02:05 AM
TE Expert

Hello Sabrina,
like Charles said so well, the most important is to take pictures. The time you have left, you can spend it on TE. Our involvement in this community is relative to the time we have for it. But you can expect every minute you spend here to be worth it. The results are not always tangible, but always real on your photo skill and most of all on your eye:D
HAve a nice day,
Marc
Old 10-21-2006, 03:33 AM
TE Senior Member

Well I have quite some free time, but not as much as I want though.
Really want to learn more about photography and also post-processing, maybe 'walk' through some PhotoShop tutorials, but don't have found the time to do that. Not relly..just want to spend time on that in a relaxed setting, want to learn it if I really have time over.
Now I tried to spend a part of my free time here on TE, critiqueing, uploading the daily shot, and browsing galleries. Trying to see things I can learn in other people's photo's.

I have some time everyday, some days more, some days not so much.
Sleeping 5-6 hours is routine though, throughout the week, weekend I sleep more ;)

Greetz