Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 04:15 AM
TE Newbie

Default To prezntime: Digital

Hi Chris,
That exact syncronization between the girl and bird really stunned me too when i developed it. I think i used an Ilford HP5 400 roll for this shot. I'm not exactly sure though. The sepia tone was added through adobe. It's really too bad dark room developing has become much too expensive today...I find it much more involving. I still need to switch to digital. Do you have any recommendations for good digital cameras?
Take care,
Ben
Old 10-02-2006, 04:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To prezntime: Digital

Hello Ben.
I really like my Nikon D70s, but they have released a new camera the D80. The D80 has 10.2 megapixels as opposed to the 6.1 of the D70. I have not used the D80, but it is really getting good reviews. I have also heard good things about Sony's new DSLR, I don't have the model number here right now; I'm at work.
Recently I have been looking at the new Lumix DSLR with the Leica lens. I've read some reviews and they seem pretty positive. I want to get my hands on one to try it out.
I also carry a Canon Rebel T2 (film) camera, I have only posted 1 photo from this camera because I do not have a good scanner. The film I'm using right now is Ilford SFX 200 (which I'm not they make anymore). I'm lucky, my neighbor works in a forensic lab and can get his hands on tons of film just recently expired.

Thanks, hope this helps.
Chris.