Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

adam_k 2006-09-28 2:55

In Poland we have plenty of them in forest... this kind of mushroom is called 'muchomor' which derives from something like 'killer of flies'
They are poisenous and some species of them (with grey colour) can easily kill a man (when eaten of course)...

Old 09-29-2006, 07:14 AM
TE Expert

Default To adam_k: magic mushrooms

Thank you for your comment. I knew those mushrooms were hallucinogenic, but the dosage has to be carefully done, as I have now heard from another member.
Would you by any chance have a photo of the grey species, that you could post to : [email protected]; if that's no trouble of course.
Cheers. Marie Louise.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To adam_k: magic mushrooms

Yes, indeed - they were used in some magical rituals: by shamans or other magic priests... They were eaten after drying or the outer red rind was smoked dry and inhaled...

The grey one I mentioned before is called death cap in English (Latin: Amanita phalloides)
You can see some pictures here:
http://www.grzyby.pl/gatunki/Amanita_phalloides.htm
This is a Polish site on mushrooms (picking up mushrooms is very popular in Poland and unfortunately each year a number of people gets poisoned by these species...), but there is some English description as well...

You can read something more on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_cap

Of course I can send you some more pictures when I take them in future...
Cheers,
Adam
Old 09-29-2006, 07:37 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To adam_k: magic mushrooms

Thank you for your message. I have been on the sites you suggested. They are interesting. I shall keep yhem in mind.
Cheers.