Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-29-2006, 09:43 AM
TE Junior Member

Default ISO Value

Hi Adam,
Would it be at all possible when a picture is posted to have a category showing the ISO value of the photograph? Maybe it could be an additional drop down feature after where the Shutter Speed and Aperture Value are shown. Just a thought, but I always find myself wondering what ISO was used when I view a picture, especially inside, in low light conditions and on night shots.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes, Vicky
Old 07-29-2006, 10:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: ISO Value

Good idea, Vicky. I often wonder the same thing. Would be really useful information to have on the exposure details line.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
TE Expert

If you go to your equipment profile, you can add in various ISO (film speed). So when you post a photo it prompts you with a 'FILM' field where you can select the ISO which will show when the image is posted.
Check my shots for examples.

Cheers,
- Dan
Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM
TE Expert

And if you post your picture without saving for the web the Exif informations of your camera will appear automaticly, with the ISO value
Cheers.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Got it! Thanks for letting me know Dan, I wasn't aware of that...I thought the 'FILM' field was only for the type of memory card used.... and, unlike yourself, not very many members actually use the ISO feature from this field.

Therefore, I think a separate ISO section may be a good idea. That way, people would be prompted to use it every time as a matter of course and, hopefully, get it displayed on every photo if it was provided as a separate category in it's own right.

Thanks though, in the absence of anything else, I shall use this existing method myself in future posts and, hopefully, anyone reading this thread will do the same! :-)

Thanks again.

Cheers!
- Vicky
Old 07-29-2006, 01:26 PM
TE Expert

I thought the 'FILM' field was only for the type of memory card used

Type of memory card informations are totaly irrelevent as it won't change the final aspect of picture that is saved as a file in the card. Therefore film field should only be used for film used and for those who strip Exif informations from there photo file to add the ISO setting of the camera sensor for the picture captured.

As for ISO information, as Didi mention it, if you make sure that Exif informations are not strip from the photo file than it will be available automaticaly in the "more photo information" link along with othere technical information.