Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great weswang 2006-06-26 23:00

Hi Jeppe, I think this bike is challenge to an adult to keep in balance. This little boy was off to the challenge already. Good capture of the colorful old style advertisement in contrast to the old styled, well maintained bike. It looks that Carlsberg has been around for a long time.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To weswang: Thanks Wes

Yes Carlsberg an old brand - it was founded in 1847 by J.C.Jakobsen, named after his son Carl, but father and son disagreed so in -

1882:
J.C. Jacobsen's son, Carl, opens a brewery under the name Ny (New) Carlsberg. J.C. Jacobsen changes the name of his brewery to Gamle (old) Carlsberg.

Please read more <a href=http://info.carlsberg.com/Info/frameset.htm?pUrl=%2FInfo%2FCompany%2FHeritage%2FC ompany%2BHistory%2Fdefault%2Ehtm>here</a>.

I never tried a Long John myself - but think the difficult part not the balance. Its the turn-proces where you have to "think ahead" :-)

Regards
Jeppe
Old 06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To weswang: Thanks Wes

Hi Jeppe, Thanks for the detailed info. I will get a six pack of Carlsberg to drink for the celebrated history and for your excellent photo to bring up the story.
Cheers.
Wes