Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great chefrancisco 2006-05-07 6:54

Hi Eric,
Are you sure this shot was taken in the Philippines? =) It looks like it was taken from overseas. I like the POV where you've taken this pic from. Great compo! Pity though that the pic was a bit grainy. But overall a nice photo!

Regards,
Che

Old 05-07-2006, 06:50 PM
TE Newbie

Default To chefrancisco: Hi!

Hi Chef! thanks for the comment. Regarding your question if that pic was taken in the Philippines, yes it is. The windmills look odd in a province where technology like this does not exist in the rest of the Philippines. In fact the Philippines is the only country in Asia who is now using windmills to produce sustainable and alternative energy. They are located in Bangui Bay facing the vast coastline of South China Sea. Next time you visit Philippines and you go to Pagudpud which is another tourist hot-spot make sure you passby these Bangui bay windmills, you can check out the other photographs of these windmills submitted by other members.
BTW you have great photos!
=) eric
Old 05-08-2006, 04:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To chefrancisco: Hi!

Hi Eric,
Amazing! I think I really should pay this place a visit. You see, the furthest I've been to the North was in Vigan. I have yet to see and photograph Pagudpud and the neighboring sites. =(

Thanks too for the added info about these windmills! I haven't had the chance to visit your gallery yet but I'm sure you have great photos too! Keep shooting! (Probably we can also promote our country in our little way.) =D

Che