Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good delaufer 2005-12-29 1:08

Hi Fred, welcome to your first post. I see you haven't done any post-processing on your photo, this is almost a necessity with digital. I tried a workshop with a few pointers, Don

Old 01-05-2006, 07:17 AM
TE Newbie

Default To delaufer: I see what you mean.

I am also new at this site. I did find your editing of the photo. It looks great. Can you tell me more? Fred
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delaufer: I see what you mean.

Hi Fred, for most people, the image you get from your camera will not be as good as it could be. In film days the lab corrected a lot of the problems, with digital its left up to you. I suggest you get an image editor like Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements or Corel Paint Shop Pro. Unless you are shooting in camera RAW mode then the pictures from the camera almost always need to be sharpened at least a little and often the brightness, contrast and color saturation need to be adjusted. Also, when shooting at high ISO settings, like you did here, you need to clean up speckles (noise) in the picture. NeatImage (www.neatimage.com) is the program I use most, although its a little tricky to learn to get the best results. Hope this answers your questions, Don
Old 01-08-2006, 04:20 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delaufer: I see what you mean.

Thanks Don,
I know very little about photo software. I have "played" with various software but have never taken the time to learn much about it. My son gave me Adobe CS software for Christmas. Now it looks like I am going to have to learn something about software.

I just finished a class at a community college on digital photography. Now would be a good time to take a class on software. This school has a number of classes on Adobe

Thanks again for the information.