Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
TE Newbie

Default Gibraltar

Hi Allister, thanks for sharing the picture, I have always wanted to visit Gib. I am amazed at the density of the apartments, and the closeness of Africa.
Nice clean photo.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:20 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Gibraltar

Glad you liked the piccy, we were in Spain last week and rented a car to get about. Many people advise leaving the car in Spain and walking over,stating that sometimes the Spanish customs can be stringent leading to major delays at the crossing. We went for the car so we could travel about the place as its bigger than you think at first, we encountered no problems at the customs.
If your interested in visiting and dont have a car, there are buses at the border which take you in to town. There are plenty of tours which take you all over, as well as a cable car which will take you to the top of the Rock and you can make your way down on foot.
Would advise to visit the point of Europe to see Africa just a stones throw away.
Also the monkeys at the Caves were hilarious when one scurried into the souvenier shop and opened the cooler door and made off with a bag of Maltesers. The apithy shown by the staff implied its not a rare occurrence. However Ive heard its not the first time theyve made off with someones camera.
If you do take the car the roads are very narrow and the little tour buses take no prisoners. My main shock was the e30 charge to drive on the upper roads on the rock.

All the best