Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rabani 2005-11-13 20:38

Just about anyone can click a camera but not everyone knows what is a picture, that means a lot. And all camera can never be as good as one's eye. You have a good eye for meaningful pictures, like this one but your camera takes a long time to get it. This type of photography is called nightstreet photography and you obviously need a higher ISO (800-1600) to take this in, with acceptable sharpness. How your mind and eye saw this, is a lot better than what you got here through your camera right? Your photo here is taken at F/2.8, which is not exactly a great aperture for high detail images but you have to because of lowlight.Usually, 3 stops down from F/2.8, (=>F/5.6) things start to get sharper, F/8 being the sweet spot.
Also...it is about your note. Very well composed and informative.A great supplement for any well eyed image.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:53 PM
TE Newbie

Default To rabani: thank you

While I half heartedly post that quality-lacking shot, it is sort of a tribute to the hard working people of Kundasang. Thank you for taking time to appreciate and giving me pointers through your detailed technical comments.

Yes, you are right, my camera only manages max ISO 400 resulting bigger aperture in lowlight. It was a rushy moment and the drizzle didn’t help either (not an excuse). Just a regret for not being patient and take more shots.

Ahh, come to think of it .. Kundasang is only 110km away.