Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delaufer 2005-07-30 4:52

Pretty good shot under difficult conditions, Lori. You almost avoided overexposing the sunlit trees while getting enough exposure in the shadows. Good note. TFS, Don

Old 07-31-2005, 02:05 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To delaufer: Thanks Don,

I need to figure out how to do that, not overexpose when it's a bright sunny day. That seems to be my worst problem with photos lately. I played around with a bunch of different settings this day also, a lot of photos didn't turn out at all. Still learning, I'm glad you liked this one anyway,
Thanks again,
Lori
Old 07-31-2005, 09:30 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delaufer: Thanks Don,

Lori,
The main thing is to avoid overexposing because you can't recover any detail from blown-out highlights. You can improve under-exposed areas in PP by burning them in (like in the darkroom with prints) or using the excellent software tools now available. So meter for the brightest areas and then fix the shadows in the darkroom. ;^)

I posted a WS to show you what I'm talking about, Don
Old 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To delaufer: Thanks Don,

Wow Don! That workshop is wonderful! I think I really need to invest in a Photoshop program. The photo looks 100% better in your workshop, all that happened when I tried to adjust the dark areas was to make the light areas lighter, which I didn't want. Thanks for taking the time to show me how it could look better.
Love the workshop!
Lori