Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great foxy 2020-11-07 3:55

Hello Ronny,
I love this scene, bring back the good old days I had in my childhood. I think about the boy age , going round people homes like this one. Sitting on the bamboo floor mat and the same primitive ( simple ) kitchen using woods to cook.
Now, the lunch looks delicious to me.....I like the sticky rice with fresh mango and fresh coconut milk ( I'm sure every houses have coconuts ).
I wonder did you sit on the small stool. As always you do have a very good guide.
I also wonder why the mother has a traditional headgear where else the woman with the little boy, isn't. Maybe the mother wants to impress you :-)
By now, I hope that they will have what they miss most.
Thanks for sharing this village life.
Loong

Old 11-07-2020, 12:19 PM
TE Newbie

Default To foxy: headgear and stools

Hello Loong!
Thanks for your nice words.
My place was on the right,close to the mangos and the riceschnaps, hehe...
In whole Myanmar they have these low stools, at streetrestaurants and teashops.I`m not very tall but after sitting there it becomes a bit uncomfortable after a while.
The headgear: still many women wear it every day even working on the fields, but they get less.I noticed big change in traditions.At my first visit,I think 2006 you could not see many women wearing blue jeans, now every young woman wants to have some.
The country was isolated from the rest of the world for more than 50 years, except China. Now many people have a smartphone even the hilltribes when they have a connection
Best regards,Ronny