Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2020-10-13 12:50

Hi Jean,
I think it is a nice addition to the town. Too bad it came already rusted. It is like with the trousers which nowadays you buy already with holes in them. However the rust contributes a nice red color here which cannot get worse at the weather which it is exposed to.
I think it was a good idea to change the angle as you did in the workshop to get rid of the other buildings. It makes the structure to contrast with the nature around.
Art costs money I suppose, I don't know how much it cost but my guess is that it was too expensive. These things usually are ridiculously overpriced, aren't they? Since it is from taxpayers money and I pay taxes in this country for a while now, I suppose I have contributed to the purchase as well :)
Great work,
M

Old 10-13-2020, 09:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To mkamionka: rusty sculptures

Hello Mariusz, the sculpture LOOK II was made by the same artist that created 'Angel of the North' that is situated quite close to where you live.
The artist is Sir Antony Gormley.

Personally I like rusty objects anyway, so this sculpture was going to be a favourite with me from the start.
Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Kind regards, Jean.