Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bisok 2011-08-17 1:05

Hi Ravin,

It's not easy to take such photos, for sure. It demands some knowledge about lighting, measurements of it and so on. I am quite impressed by your photo. Nicely done.
However there is something that distracts me. This white 1-3px frame. That's unnecessary and a small mistake I guess. If it is necessary in your opinion it should be max 1px and in a colour resembling grey or let's say brown colour.
Anyway, as I said that's a nice photo and it's worth 2 points for sure.

Regards,
Mirek

Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 AM
TE Newbie

Default To bisok: Hi

Hi Mirek,

In this picture I had done some post processing with brightness and contrast, used a bit of colour balance and sharpened it unsharp mask.

Things I couldn't understang in your sentence "This white 1-3px frame" & "it should be max 1px and in a colour resembling grey or let's say brown colour". I am not really technically sound. So if you could enlighten me regarding this, it would be nice.

Hope to hear very soon.
Ravin
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
TE Senior Member

Default 1-3px

Hi Ravin,

Thank you for your email.
Maybe I haven't been precize previously, so I'll try to elaborate this now.
Let's try to devide the problem into two parts.

1) There is no 1-3px white frame (a white line) around the photo
2) There is a white line around but in a different colour, not white, but in a shade of grey or something e.g. like brownish

Check the first instance for example. There is no thin whine line around. In this way the photo would be much better for me, because, as I have written previously, this white line (frame) distracts me.
In the second instance, making the white line in different colour for example in grey one, it would be just a little better, because still this line doesn't fit to the photo.
That's my opinion and please treat it in this way. I can be wrong :-)

Please note, that I'm not writing about the black wider frame (app. 20px).

Regards,

Mirek
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
TE Newbie

Default I got your point

Hi Mirek,

I got your point. Its all about the white boarder. It should be grey or brown or no boarder at all as per your openion while the black frame remaining the same. Good to know your view. Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate.

Have a great day.
Ravin