Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2011-01-09 18:52

Hello Animesh.
I think this shot deserves some recognition. Especially as the note is excellent, and makes us think again about the man in the picture. You did a good job with your un-metered film camera, and it's a strong and striking scan plus whatever processing you did. I do like the tight crop around the two men, and the well timed shot which captures them leaning in opposing directions. The contrast is strong but not too much, and allows us to see the details in the light and shadow on his face. His eyes have a resigned but knowing look in them. You must have used quite a wide aperture which has blurred the background nicely. You must have been tempted to convert this to b/w, but I think it looks good like this, with the yellow t-shirt making a noticeable highlight. Well done, and thanks for the story in your note.
Regards,
Andrew

Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 AM
TE Expert

Default To macondo: bw

You are right, Andrew. I had an urge to make it bw. But after all, it was the end of Kodachrome, and it was the second of my last 6!
Thanks for visiting and your kind comment.
Animesh