Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PixelTerror 2010-01-13 11:44

Hi Richard
Their attitude and the light on them are superb, pity the image is not sharp, @390 mm you needed much more speed and even good old 20D should have been able to go up to ISO 800
Have a nice day JY

Old 01-13-2010, 06:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To PixelTerror: Impala

HiJY, Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am an amateur photographer and still trying to get my head around all the aspects of getting a really great image ( I normally shoot only in auto).. Another member previously gave me advive on another photo regarding ISO ratings as said that I should look at using ISO100 rating if I wanted sharpness and a higher rating would give me a grainier look to the image.. would this be correct? Or have I got it wrong. I also know I must get used to carrying my tripod around to get improved sharpness. Your assistance on this matter will help.. Thanks so much Rich
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Default Re: A PixelTerror: Impala

it is correct that using higher ISO means more noise, but software exists to reduce this effect (neat image, noiseware, etc...). But you can't correct a blurred image afterwards, so in this situation better have noise than blur. 20D should be able to go up to 800ISO
Keep in mind this rule, speed > 1 / focallength * 1.6 avoids blur. Not always possible to get the required speed, but everything that reduces the amount of blur is good.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: A PixelTerror: Impala

Thank you very much for clearing this up for me.. I had not thought this far regarding blur and noise.. Photography is now just as much to do with the computer as it is to do with the camera.. but if the photo is not good, you cant make it perfect.. Have a great eve and thanks.. Rich