Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bmukherjee 2009-12-21 10:33

The BEST star trail photo I have seen - the clouds and the foreground are good combinations with the star trails! I think the central north star is very appropriate in this vertical composition... I'm suspecting you shot the clouds and the foreground separately... In fact, that's a good idea - I should try that the next time I go startrailing... =)

tfs,
biswaroop

Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default To bmukherjee: Star trails

Hi!

Thank you for your comments :-)

I didn't shoot the foreground seperately, but instead i took 65 photos with 30 second exposures each, and then i stacked them in "star trail software" and combined they ended up like this.
Each individual shot looks identical to this one on the lower half of the photo, its just the top half looks different because of the star and cloud movement.

Jamie
Old 12-22-2009, 01:10 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To bmukherjee: Star trails

Hello,

I see! It's particularly fascinating that you got perfect exposure and lighting with the software. I suppose that it's one of the good things about digital stacking - you can check the exposure during the shots (unlike one of those horrid 2-hour long shots!). I use the startrails software too - never knew it was this good =)

biswaroop