Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great trekks 2009-12-02 4:41

Ciao Santo

hey! wait a minute! I dont believe this photo, neither the notes. There is no such moment or place, this is a fake :p Steve, trust me, Santo is bluffing us.

When did he ever bring D80 kit lens set? Not that I knew of on this trip. And Lisa, I can confidently assure you that you can only get this effect from a NIKON. So please dont kill me for it.

All I know is the fisheye lens was attached to his D200. That is what I remember. Oh yes, I see the fisheye lens somewhere listed up there but what is D80 doing here? [maybe he did borrow the D80 body from Alfred on this occasion]

About the light. Yes we saw the light. There is no doubt about the strong lighting that moment.

For the foreground stones, I am guessing that pp work to convert its coolness tone is done because the stones look yellowish at foreground but greyish at further distance, if I am wrong, please correct me.

Well, I like very much what I see here, so much that I cannot resist to post a workshop of my own take using non-fisheye lens, take a look here

This is one of your best landscape presentations and I am impressed. Fisheye lens is just perfect for this moment. I am proud of your work. The best in shooting together is to see how you can get a better capture out of what we all saw with our eyes, particularly non-moving subject like landscape.

Excellent work.
tfs, bill

p/s Thank you Santo for your kind words and you are worth every bit for me to travel to Melbourne and it proved I was not wrong in making the friendship from the beginning, and there is only 1 way to go forward, it is getting better.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To trekks: Different POV

Again a sincere thank Bill, it was a pleasure meeting you & even more getting to know you. The D80 was Alfred's , I was getting sick & tyred of swapping lens, Alfred kindly lent me his body (D80). Your WS version is what you saw from your POV but from my POV well that is a different story, I kept it as a secret otherwise we would all have the same shots ;-)))). You are not wrong, just a different view ;-). It's critiques like this that I will surely miss, I hope that some day you will reconsider your decision & keep posting on TE, I know I'm a little selfish but I have enjoyed your critiques & notes. Take care my friend.
Santo
PS did you mention tattoo???.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To trekks: Different POV

Bravo! ringrazio amico
Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To trekks: Different POV

And I honestly think your fisheye version has excellent taste :) much better than a tattoo :p