Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Bruno40 2009-06-14 5:43

Hi Bill,
I played football today.. I do not last 90 minutes anymore, but still having fun.
I love this one, good action photo, well frozen, good technique of the kid indeed.
well done
Jorge

Old 06-14-2009, 01:23 PM
TE Expert

Default To Bruno40: hi

hi Jorge

Who needs 90 minutes? I think this village game of football lasts 40 minutes [not that I see your username is Bruno40] because I did take a look at the notice score board and they have to play 16 teams to reach final in 2 afternoons of the festival, so I saw the same teams playing a few times a day, and amazingly I find they were not so tired at all, even women's team [married women], mainly because these villagers are used to trekking 5hrs daily to farms, mountains and jungles.

I have passed a copy of this print to the village, and I hope the next time I visit this place again, to see the print pinned on this kid's bedroom wall. I know he will show it proudly around this village friends. A moral booster for a future star :) that is my intention!

Thank you for your kind critique.

Cheers, bill
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Bruno40: hi

HI Bill,

Yes, those are one-day (or two-days) tournaments, usually with teams of 7 or 6 players. Games are 20 minutes or so, and each team plays several games during the day. We use to play that format as well.
But I am talking about a formal football league (11 a side, 90 minutes, FIFA referees, and so on).
We also have kids (boys and girls) and women teams. We also participate in programs to teach football to poor kids living in squatter areas (the program is called "futkal"), where kids do not have even shoes.
Well, we can talk about football some other time.
cheers
Jorge
Old 06-15-2009, 10:38 AM
TE Expert

hi Jorge

Thank you and how nice for me to learn about village football from you in Brazil. From my observation, you are right, it looks very similar to your games, some players wear no shoes.

I praise you for 90 minutes, it is not easy to last that long.

Sadly there is no one in the village to speak with because I know only english and they speak something else. :)

Thanks, regards, bill
Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 AM
TE Senior Member

Brazil?
Sorry for the confusin, but I am talking about Philippines.
cheers
Jorge
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 AM
TE Expert

sorry it should be Chile and Philippines for you. You have travel maps all over the world except Brazil. Cheers, bill
Old 06-16-2009, 02:20 AM
TE Senior Member

yes, Chilean living in Philippines.

Ineed to fill the white spot in Malaysia.. ;-)

cheers