Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great belido 2009-06-15 5:24

Hi Bill,

first of all, thanks for your informative intro page. At least I already use the copyright text on my photos :) Well, this is a very well executed potrait. Framing is as perfect as the dof. I like to see his serious expression and the context of a hard worker explicit on his face. Nicely done!
Regards,
Carlos

Old 06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
TE Expert

Default To belido: hi

hi Carlos

You are welcome to download the 2 pdf files, it is convenient to keep them handy because as photographer we must know our copyright basics from the experts. In ADDITION which I have failed to mention, any EXIF DATA on our photos are another proof evidence of ownership and copyright - it has date, time, camera data. We own the copyright the moment the shutter click is pressed. That is the date/time on EXIF DATA.

Thank you for your kind words on this photo, it always remain on my thinking that portraits not necessary must have the subject looking into the camera because that will not show the man at work by posing and looking at photographer. I try to show un-interrupted work flow of the man's work here. The sweat is a proof of the work effort.

Kind regards, bill
Old 06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To belido: hi

Olα Bill,

You know, even with all those issues (copyrights, TOU, new layout, etc) and the forums "So, where are you going?" and "How to press 1 button and delete all photos?" I have reached a conclusion:

I haven't found a better place than this so far. I'm not saying I agree with all that but unfortunately the other sites mentioned in the forums seem to be a terrible experience (I've checked all of them). The best way would be to restore the old site or maybe build a copy of it.

Your suggestion for keeping the exif data is good. I used to do that in the past...

Well, just my thoughts.

All the best,
Carlos
Old 06-15-2009, 01:26 PM
TE Expert

hi Carlos

I agree with you. The old site is too good and easy to lose it. I need a good site for photography, simple and efficient. I still think Adam's time of managing the site is more appreciated. Regards, bill
Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
TE Expert

from your reply, I can also see that you are still the beta site...the link to a reply fails because of
www.beta.trekearth.com

:)) thank you.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
TE Expert

hehe, yes I'm still in the beta :))

See you my friend!