Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great trekks 2009-06-07 17:44

hi G

I cannot hardly believe any sane photographer going to a place like Machu Picchu and find kissers but after seeing this photo and reading your note [I have to believe you, no?], I learn a new thing about this place, because so far I have not seen TL photos telling me this new info.

And you did very well to present your story, in a artistic way and most effective manner a photographer can do.

I like it.

Although kissing is not a norm in Asian values and certainly not in Malaysia, I personally am not in favor of public display of it under certain kind of conditions like a shopping crowd or swim pool but I will certainly understand it at a place of departure like airport, train station, boat terminal where people in love or sentiments leave one another and show such emotions.

From your photo, I am not sure if this is one such condition, G because you did not show much backdrop to find out, but as I always believe a note is very useful you did tell me about the bus stop to fit under the condition I mentioned above.

So that makes this a fine capture and you know well how to present it.

The film is just what is should be, a film quality and I appreciate it more because shooting films meant we could not waste too much and reshoot like digital, and you have to be good at the 1st few times :)

And Peru, a place on my list. This is one of your photos that I like pick and like. And I give it a green.

Bravo.
tfs, bill

Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
TE Expert

Default To trekks: Spitting lama..

Hmmmm...
The bus stop at the entrance gate to the city of the kissers is a very special place.
Nobody is waiting there for anybody...
Nobody is saying good bye to anyone...

They just kiss each other ( that's what M-P is famous about).

They were saying that there are some kinds of ruins or somethin' back there ???

I don't know... I didn't listen.. I saw a live people in front of me... Kissing at the bust stop. More than enough for me.

I saw a lama as well.. He spat on me when I tried to take a photo of him.
Maybe he didn't like Polish dudes with the film cameras ?...

Old 06-10-2009, 05:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To trekks: Spitting lama..

maybe the lama recognised only the name G stands for George W Bush?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: The walking dead

Wow, the dead are communicating with the living. Thought you committed internet suicide.