View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Shooting with David Alan Harvey

get THE location and stand there until I get the ultimate shot, try various day and night lightings, etc. though this is something we, holiday traveling shooters, cannot afford. It may lead to this practical advise : either shoot at home or stay at one holiday place... this sounds like the death of the traveling photographer myth in a way...
---------------------------------------

Infact Luko this is a topic I brought up with him and the conclusion was that its a great idea. And yeah, what you said would require time and it would have to be something close to home. Ive already taken the initiative to start a one year project which would have me shoot in a single place atleast 3 days a week. And Ive got the perfect place too:)

----------------------------------------------
I suppose that it also confirms the idea that you should only select the creme of the creme of your photos and therefore have to take many to get a quality tight selection.
--------------------------------------------

Big time. And by creme of the crop it has the be absolutely the best. HEAVY editing is in order especially if you think about how few photos a legend like Koudelka, for example, actually has. In decades he has done how many books? Dont start on about Parr:)

Who was it that said the first 10,000 shots are crap? That may not be 100% on the money but it does go to show how few good shots anyone will really have. Even HCB had only a small window over his long life where he shot his most brilliant work.

P.S. Luko, where are you migrating?