View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 PM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: A Fine Workshop...........

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your kind remarks and also for taking the time and effort to do a workshop for me.

Firstly, like yourself, I wasn't totally convinced by the off-centre composition but I had fiddled about with it for ages before I finally plumped for that particular crop. I thought it was nice to include both the letterbox and also the "108" to the right of the door. To the left of the door was a heap of cables and electric boxes and nothing too attractive.

Your black and white conversion is excellent and, I think, shows off the texture of the door and its wood probably better than the colour version. Did you increase the contrast a bit too? What it also shows very well is something which I had thought myself but which was confirmed by Gunnar (saxo042) - those "knockers" and their shadows look like a pair of big sad eyes!

Perhaps my title was a little inappropriate for this site, I don't know, but, having spent most of my life prior to retirement dealing with and operating upon those particular appendages, I thought I might be granted some degree of poetic licence!

Kindest Regards,

John.