Photographer's Note

Hello friends and colleagues propose today a visit to this medieval well preserved and maintained villa, I hope you like it.
Here are some letters on the villa.

Puebla de Sanabria is a municipality and Spanish town in the province of Zamora in the autonomous community of Castilla y Leon.
Puebla is a municipality located in the northwest of the province of Zamora, 113 km from the provincial capital, and located in the natural region of Sanabria. The municipality includes the towns of Puebla, Castellanos, Robledo and Ungilde. The municipality, which covers an area of ​​81.39 square kilometers. It highlights the remarkable level of conservation of its scenic and environmental heritage, similar to the protected natural area near the Natural Park of Lake Sanabria features.
Your town is in a territory to which nature has endowed with special defensive characteristics, modeled along the centuries by the Ferrera stream and rivers Tera and Castro, who have given their special physiognomy of seawall. In addition, its strategic location near the border with Portugal, made this square of old were a aforada, fortified and walled town, which gave a significant role in the historical formation of territory around him. It was home to a remarkable military, ecclesiastical and political power over the centuries created a rich architectural and historical heritage which in 1994 led to the villa was declared of cultural interest in the category of historic site.

Sanabria is documented in one of the acts of the council of Lugo of 509, although as indicated by not a few authors, could be a reference to the entire region sanabresa and not the actual town of Puebla. Sanabria is again documented in the s. VII, this time as parish Swabian and Visigoth CECA under the name of "Senapria".
It is in the s. X when confirming the existence of a "Urbs Senabrie" as territorial reference, as indicated by the first diplomas of the monastery of San Martin de Castaneda. Historians have speculated about the possible existence in this age of some kind of fortification in Puebla, driven by the Leon kings in their advance towards the south, a fact that could not be supported by the existing documentation or by found archaeological remains.
The consolidation of this urban core as head of the whole region sanabresa should have occurred from the reign of Alfonso VII of Leon (1126-1157). In 1132 the town already had a castle market, as documented by its tenants: Count Ponce Fernandizi (1132) and later his brother Xemeno Fernandizi, Roderick Petri lord of "Senabria et de Carvaleda" (1150), from 1158 to 1161 Ponce de Cabrera and Rodrigo Perez de Sanabria, Fernando Ponce (1164), in 1171 "principal Senabrie committee Poncius et Comitissa Maria Fernandiz" and Fernandus Aldefonsus (1188).

Alfonso IX of Leon organized in 1195 the political, economic functions, legal and military Puebla de Sanabria, making it one of the bastions leoneses the border with Portugal. In addition, the September 1, 1220 turned this villa in one of his pueblas by providing a letter colonizes, inspired by the Charter of Benavente, rebuilding and further improving its castle and walled defenses. It is therefore this time the innovative floor of the castle of Puebla de Sanabria, with its quadrangular shape, but finished off at the corners by circular cubes, something almost unusual until the late Middle Ages. The impetus given to the town by this monarch made Puebla de Sanabria was acquired over the s. XII remarkable economic, political and military significance, which will be held later, as shown in the confirmation and partial amendment of its charter by King Alfonso X "the Wise" (Seville, May 19, 1273).

During the s. XIV, the villa was owned by Juan Alfonso de Alburquerque, the Count Fernando de Castro or Alvar Vazquez de Losada, among other personalities of the time. Alvar Vazquez, the family noblelocal Losada, received this villa, its district and Carballeda in a donation made by Juan I and received under a primogeniture. In 1451 half of the village and the whole land is sold by doa Mayor de Porras Alonso de Pimentel, Count of Benavente third. This also led to the said Earl took possession of his castle. In the middle of s. XV after the ending of the two main lines of the Losada family (only subsisted branch of the lords of Rionegro), the royal donation Pimentel acquired by the other half of Puebla. Years later, the Catholic Monarchs returned to Losada their half of the villa, why Rodrigo Alonso Pimentel had to swap that property Dona Leonor de Melgar, widow of Don Diego de Losada, on the estate he had in Montamarta ( 1489). From this moment, the political and social life of the town and its district were directed by the Counts of Benavente, who put and removed from office different mayors, as they could be Pedro de Montemoln (1474) or Pedro de Sosa (between 1490 and 1492).

During the seventeenth century it suffered the War of Separation of Portugal to being located in the battlefront. Similarly, during the War of Succession occurred in Spain between supporters of Philip of Anjou and the Archduke Charles, the villa was occupied by Portuguese troops, being recovered by the Spanish Monarchy on 24 December 1715, as agreed in the peace of Utrecht.
Source: Wikipedia.

Make: SONY
Model: DSC-W170
Software: PhotoScape
Exposure Time: 10/6400 sec
F-Stop: f/3.3
ISO Speed Ratings: 125
Focal Length: 5 mm
Date Taken: 2013-09-14 12:52
Metering Mode: Pattern
Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, return light not detected
File Size: 286 k

Photo Information
Viewed: 2592
Points: 46
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by angel cornejo (cornejo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 5749 W: 5 N: 12579] (61500)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH