Φωτογραφίες

Photographer's Note

Casteldilago is a small village 10.5 km from Terni and situated on a hill 326 meters above sea level.

This medieval village, was born on a small hill around a castle of which remain today, almost no trace, it's rock, it's walls, only a few ruins.
According to the 2001 census, the population is 441.

Casteldilago was built on a rocky plateau overlooking the valley of over a hundred meters where the river Nera. The village was a strategic fortification for the safety of Valnerina, since controlling a cross road junction to the two major arterial roads: the Via Flaminia and the Via Salaria, the Via Curia (or Roman Road), connecting Rieti and Terni to Spoleto.
The first written record of who has the castle dates back to 1033, it is stated in the register of the Abbey of Farfa that such a Berardo said Moco donated to the monastery some goods including Casteldilago, that between 760 and 1291 he was a member of the diocesoi Narni, to then be transferred to that of Spoleto.
In fact, at the end of the century. XII Spoleto bragging rights on the castle and Gentile da Chiavano he renewed submission to the city in 1212.
Already an independent municipality, called Castel di Lago, was merged in 1875 by the town of Arrochar, which follows the story, then part of the province of Perugia.
Going up to the center of town, strolling through the narrow, steep, cobbled streets, you can still appreciate the medieval urban fabric, probably thirteenth century, characterized by irregular rows of white limestone.
Worth a visit is the parish church of San Valentino, leaning on the rock wall on which the country, crown a spur located at the top of the walls, the church has a portal of the '500 with a bezel inside of which there is a fresco '500 "Madonna and Child". The title of the parish, which honors the bishop of Terni martyred on February 14 at LXIII 273 miles of the Via Flaminia, testifies to the foundation of the medieval church, probably built as a parish church during the season of the Lombard Duchy of Spoleto between the seventh and eighth centuries.
As sometimes happens during the earthquake, the discovery of an important ancient remains of the decoration of the church of San Valentino, has been brought to light as a result of damage to the wall saved. After the earthquake of 26 September 1997, in fact, were found traces of a second wall along the perimeter of the right aisle.
Worth a mention is the church of St. Nicholas, which also has a portal of '500. Inside there are frescoes of the '500 perhaps made by an anonymous student of Spain.

The apse frescoes with the paintings "Eternal Father" and "Madonna" and "Saints."

Reference building is the old mill of the '550 or '600: can still be seen the old mechanisms of processing and loading dock products.
Of particular interest is the Museum of Ceramics

snunney, holmertz, ikeharel, Fis2, pierrefonds, papagolf21, lucasgalodoido, jimmyjimmy, COSTANTINO, jhm, PaulVDV έχουν(ει) επιλέξει αυτή τη σημείωση ως χρήσιμη

Photo Information
Viewed: 467
Points: 42
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 15122 W: 130 N: 31161] (177494)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH