Φωτογραφίες

Photographer's Note

TRANSLATE WITH BABEL FISH
The first feature of the archaeological Park of the Latin way Passed the crossing with via New Appia, feeding via of the Arc of Travertino, on the skillful side of this we find the Park archaeological of the Latin way; the park follows for approximately 450 meters the ancient distance of the Latin way, and is one of the least features that have conserved their original aspect. The discovery of this place we must to Lorenzo Fortunate, a private citizen who between 1857 and 1858 executed to own expenses the digging jobs. The completion of surveying instead was realized from Devout IX, while of the expropriation of lands to the Barberini the Italian State in 1879 was taken care, endured after the unit of Italy. Subsequently the restorations continued under the direction of Rodolfo Lanciani, and finally the area was destined to park for initiative of the minister Pods at the beginning of the ' 900. Unfortunately to today we are not resolutions neither to widen this extraordinary archaeological park neither protect the ruins from thefts and destructions: pack-saddles as example the concealment in 1964 of part of the villa of Demetriade in order to make place to a soccer field. After the income, on the right of the road, the high nucleus in concrete of tufo stands out of a sepolcro to dice, from which it is scomparso all the outer cover. The layers of concrete acknowledge easy several, correspondents to the blocks of noble material that covered the tomba; on a side a registration remembers the diggings of the Lucky people:

PIO IX PONTIFICI MAXIMO
XII KALendis MAI ANno CHRisti MDCCCLVIII
SCIENTER LVSTRANTI
BASILICAM STEPHANI PROTOMARTYRIS
CVIVS A SAECVLIS VIX NOMEN SVPERERAT
VIAM LATINAM SEPVLCRA COLVMBARIA COEMETERIA
RELIQVAMQVE MONVMENTORUVM SEGETEM
OMNIA SVB TERRAM CONDITA ET IN APRICVM PROLATA
LAVRENTIVS FORTVNATI INVENTOR
Devotis Numini Maiestati Que Eius


http://www.romacivica.net/tarcaf/storarc/lat_iii.htm#primo





Tracing of the Latin way In the point in which the mile had to fall III, conserve a lastricato feature of the ancient one of the Latin way, with the basoli originates them (large stones of poligonale shape in washes basaltic) and the crepidini, the lateral sidewalks in battered earth for the passage of the pedestrians; in this drawn the carrabile center m are wide. 3.90, while the total width is of ca 10 m. Constructed to the end of the IV sec. a.C. in order to establish expresses connections with the colonies of new foundation of the southern Lazio and the Campania, it traces in truth a tracing of protostorica age, that it connected the Etruria and the Campania through goes them to them of the bag and the Liras. Like the way Appia, also the Latin way had initially origin from the Capena Door of walls republicans (the two roads was separated then in the zone of puts into effect them large square Numa Pompilio), while after the construction of Mura Aureliane it exited from Latin Door; exceeding the Albani HILLSand valicando the step of the Algid one caught up Cassino and Capua then, with a inner distance regarding that one of the Appia.

bruce_wayne, PARDAL, vinicio, kiwi_explorer, Charo, mursaloglu, Zelanda, CeccoPhoto, sabyasachi1212, robob έχουν(ει) επιλέξει αυτή τη σημείωση ως χρήσιμη

Photo Information
Viewed: 3867
Points: 42
Discussions
Additional Photos by Giorgio Clementi (Clementi) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 3694 W: 437 N: 9370] (52514)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH