Φωτογραφίες

Photographer's Note

Comacchio
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Comacchio is a town and comune of Emilia Romagna, Italy, in the province of Ferrara, 48 km from the provincial capital Ferrara.
Comacchio is situated in a lagoon just north of the present mouth of the Reno. It is built on more than thirteen different islets, joined by bridges. The most important wealths of these wetlands are the fish farming and the salt ponds. The seaport of Porto Garibaldi lies 7 km to the east.
After its early occupation by the Etruscans and the Gauls, Comacchio was annexed by Rome. Under Emperor Augustus, who ruled Rome from 27 BCE to 14 CE, a canal was dug to deepen its lagoon.
Comacchio enjoyed prosperity under the Goths and the Lombards, and became the seat of a duchy. When the Franks descended into northern Italy in 756, their king, Pepin the Short, included Comacchio in his famous donation of land to Pope Stephen II, a grant later confirmed by Pepin's son and successor, Charlemagne. In 854 Comacchio was sacked by the Venetians, who destroyed it in 946. The Holy See later acquired the city and presented it to the archbishopric of Ravenna.
In the 13th century, Emperor Rudolph I conferred it on Obizzo IV d'Este of Ferrara. In 1508 it became Venetian, but in 1597 was claimed by Clement VIII as a vacant fief. In 1598 the Papal States again acquired Comacchio and retained it until 1866 when it became a part of the Kingdom of Italy.
Since then, most of the swamp land has disappeared, leaving ground for the expansion of agriculture, and creating new zones for dwellings. Comacchio was once home to a factory for sugar refining, which closed in 1988.









La Torre Rossa detta anche Forte San Giuseppe, θ un edificio del XVI sec. con pianta a stella e bastioni di difesa (demoliti attorno al 1940).
La torre, probabilmente l’unico edificio pre-esistente alla creazione della Salina, era destinata all’acquartieramento dei soldati prima e dei finanzieri poi.
Sul retro molto interessante il piccolo edificio sul Canale Torre Rossa un tempo adibito ad ingresso per le barche (AA.VV. 1987).
Sul viale che porta all’ingresso θ posto il pozzo artesiano del 1907 che estraeva acqua potabile dal sottosuolo per mezzo di una pompa a vento; rimase funzionante fino al 1956.



Dai resti della Torre Rossa sono visibili le saline di Comacchio, che si estendono a ridosso del casone Pegoraro, a sud-ovest della valle Campo.Si estendono per 600 ettari e si articolano in fitti intrecci di canali, specchi d'acqua, con chiuse ed impianti di derivazione delle acque ed alcuni casoni dismessi lungo il perimetro.
Fin dai tempi piω remoti qui veniva estratto il sale e tale attivitΰ fu causa di numerose guerre con Ravenna e Venezia.

The Red Tower also known as Fort St. Joseph was built in the sixteenth century. and with star-shaped ramparts (demolished around 1940).
The tower, probably the only existing building to the creation of Salina, was destined all'acquartieramento soldiers first and then the financiers.
On the back of very interesting small building on Canal Red Tower that once housed a gateway to the boats (AA.VV. 1987).
On the boulevard leading to the entrance is placed the artesian well in 1907 that extracted water from the subsoil by means of a pump to wind remained in operation until 1956.


From the remains of the Red Tower are visible salt production, which extend close to the mansions Pegoraro, south-west of the valley Campo.Si spanning 600 hectares and is divided into dense network of canals, ponds, closed with and plant-derived water and some abandoned huts along the perimeter.
Since ancient times salt was mined here and this activity was the cause of many wars with Venice and Ravenna.

Sonata11, vasilpro, siamesa, Hansaphotos, Charo, delpeoples, baddori, macjake έχουν(ει) επιλέξει αυτή τη σημείωση ως χρήσιμη

Photo Information
Viewed: 4203
Points: 58
Discussions
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17277 W: 130 N: 35908] (197584)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH