Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2019-06-18 15:06

Hello Paul,

Knowing how fulfilling it is record journeys in other countries by way of your camera, I can understand just how frustrated you must have felt, seeing so many interesting subjects and unable to record them!
However, since we didn't go inside the temple, we can honestly report just how interesting the crowd at the doorway was. The colours are so bright and the patterns so varied. It doesn't seem to be a problem that there are so many people in the queue, the experience is worth the effort.
The w/s shows how thoroughly you were searched!
If you had a phone with you, was there somewhere safe to deposit it or was there a risk of it being taken from the shoe area?

Thank you for sharing this,
Bev :-)

Old 06-19-2019, 06:35 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Storing valuable things

Thank you Beverley,

Difficult to answer your question correctly.
Many people deposited only their shoes. Others gave a plastic bag of which I don't know what was in it.
How safe were your belongings in the stand ??? I usually play it very safely.
I knew from another traveller that there was a good budget hotel very close to the temple. So I booked a room in that hotel and before visiting the temple I brought my daypack (with my camera, smartphone, guidebook, etc.) to my room.

India seemed a pretty safe country but it is best not to take unnecessary risks.
Smaller hotels seem to be the safest places anywhere in the world to keep valuable things in a locked baggage.
The few people I ever met who were robbed in their hotel room stayed in a very large hotel.
Maybe so far I've always been very lucky ...

Best regards,
Paul