Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2019-02-09 2:48

Hello Gert,

Having been away from TE for just a few weeks, I see that you have been posting new images at a prodigious rate and I clearly have a lot of catching up to do!

Again, a fascinating note and three excellent photographs to accompany it. I just wonder how effective the sterilisation programme has been in reducing the stray dog population. I've managed to see a couple of websites which describe that sterilisation has been "successful" but nowhere can I find any figures which suggest that the population is actually decreasing. And that is also an amazing increase which you describe in the numbers of tourists in just fourteen years.

Your main photograph is delightful, showing this temple's buildings and also, I presume, its courtyard showing three lazy dogs and a cat who doesn't appear in the slightest threatened by their presence. And your two workshop images show fine wider views of Thimphu.

Were these all Kodachrome slides? I ask that because the two workshop images are to me more suggestive of the somewhat greenish hues of Agfa CT18.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:06 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: kodachrome

Thank you John.
The workshop photos were also taken with a Kodachrome (almost certainly 64 ASA). I stopped using Agfa CT18 in the autumn of 1972. Any hues reminding you of Agfa are only caused by my less than perfect scanning skills.
I wish you a nice weekend.
Gert