Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2013-11-22 5:05

Hi Deniz
you won't believe this....but i JUST wrote to Ann saying we don't get to see many downtown photos of Edinburgh, than i come across this.

Seriously, that is SOOOO hilarious! Oh man...thats awesome :)

wicked POV of the city, love it!!

excellent note too! When can i book the first flight to Edinburgh?

this city looks to be right up my alley..i love stories of blood, be-headings, murder, mystery, crime, punishment, pirates, graveyard diggers, witch craft and tortures!
Sounds like a great weekend haha

wow..what a fascinating looking city.
an easy 10 out of 10 for me on this one Deniz.

how was your trip here? how long did you stay...what was the temperature like in Sept?

cheers
craig

Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
TE Expert

Cool To macjake: stories of blood

Hi Craig,

I guess there is no place on earth haunted by more ghosts and ghouls, and as far as i know you from TE, Edinburgh would be THE place for you.

One of the curious things is, there is another city of dungeons that lies beneath that huge volcanic rock on which the old town is creepily standing, and the great thing is, you can buy a night walk to these dungeons where thousands of people were trapped alive to suffer black death.

Also a day trip to the highlands will make you feel like William Wallace visiting Loch Ness Monster. And you'll have the chance to hear the real gore about Wallace's last day, which was depicted by Mel Gibson in quite a naive way.... oh my....

I went there in Sept. 2009 to attend a conference in Glasgow, but i had two long weekends, aka 5 days in Edinburgh. September was quite nice, a bit windy and cold, but also had considerable sunshine and awesome sunsets, and never heavy showers.

You will just easily fall in love with Edinburgh. Highlights for photographing are the famous Edinburgh Castle, Calton Hill, Scott's Monument, Royal Mile and Holyroodhouse and Abbey, Arthur's Seat, Camera Obscura and of course the pubs and breweries. For enjoying splendid artworks, visit Scottish National Galleries. And don't forget to check the Forth Bridge photos on Google images. I know you like the old bridge in Vancouver, this one is his bigger brother. Isle of Skye, Stirling Castle, Highlands, Loch Ness and Inverness tours are also available.

Cheers,
Deniz

Last edited by rigoletto; 11-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.