To Adrique: light - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Adrique 2011-12-15 8:43

Ciao Alberto,
I am not a big fan (quite the contrary) of HDR photos, but here you made a pretty decent work. The colors are on the edge between real and surreal (esp. on the left building) and together with the composition it makes the photo look like a some kind of an industrial/post-modern dream. Maybe if you took a shot of this scenery without the sunlit building, this impression would be even stronger. I can΄t help myself - the bright sunlit patch disturbs me very much, it just screams out from the otherwise homogenous color range of the image. But this is of course my subjective feeling, as far as I see, other critics feel just the opposite about it :-)
Nevertheless, it is good photo, it΄s of the few that made me look and think about it for more than just a few seconds!
BR
Adrian

Old 12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Adrique: light

Hello Adrian,

My idea for the sunlight was to have the light source exactly where the lines of the composition lead the attention: the lines of the buildings and the tracks all converge towards the sun, which however remains hidden behind.

However, I totally see your point: it takes away from the overall "industrial" feeling. I might go there and try: I would just need to do that in the morning instead of late afternoon.

Thanks for the suggestion

A.