To nobuikehonda: San Casciano - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great nobuikehonda 2011-04-18 20:59

Hello Roberto,

From here Japan, I am looking at an old Italian village, If I take a look at the "Photo Information" This photograph was taken only two day ago. That itself is surprising. All the houses clustered to protect and to defend themselves from possible hostility in the past. Now you write to us that the village is now occupied by British people. The history of the town changes and transforms itself with the time. There must be a church at the top of the hill, I see a steeple and possibly a fortified structure on its side. I wonder what the life was like in the village when it was still occupied by the local inhabitants. What I see and feel, the time that passes by us make me think about many aspects of our lives. Where you took this photo looks like and feel like a perfect place to have a nice picnic. The blue sky and the green field. And the time seems to passe slowly and gently. A very pleasant image. Thank you.

Best regards,

Nobu.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 AM
TE Newbie

Default To nobuikehonda: San Casciano

Hello, Nobuikehonda. Unfortunately not. The crenellated tower you see in the photo is part of a building privately owned by a British citizen, while the bell tower of the church of San Casciano. For the rest of the village in Tuscany is like many prey or a destination for tourists mostly British. In some reviews of homes is the area known as the "Chiantishire" as to mean an area of English proficiency. Everything is beautiful of course, but close buildings so beautiful I do not think is right.

PS. Send me a picture of Japan, because i love Japan. Thank you

Roberto