To mkamionka: How? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2009-10-26 12:12

Hi Paulo,
I don't know how I could have missed this POV!
Great view ideed. I like your composition: the fragment of the walls in the right is high above which creates a nice effect of being enormous. The clouds are fantastic as well.
Very successfull photo,
TFS
M

Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To mkamionka: How?

Hi Mariusz. I'l try to answer your question (was it a queston?) by looking at me. I gues it was the third time I went to Tomar for photos: The first time I shot what everybody shoots (just keep walking and clicking). Then I go home and look at the pictures and think: This one has great colors but.. this one has a great pov but.. this one's got some nice clouds but.. Then I go there a second time and try to deal with all the 'buts'. If I can, I go a third time and then really look for something different, with no buts, all the clouds and so on; then, after a huge amount of shots and the same amount of luck, I come up with a nice photo like this one that in my humble opinion is one of my best. So, if you review yourself in this words, you have to come back again to do the rest and if you don't, you have to come anyway: Tomar is waiting for you :). And now seriously: Your photos from Tomar (and others places) are great, so you just have to come back to continue the job. Al the best to you. Paulo
Old 10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To mkamionka: How?

Thanks for your kind words Paulo.
I agree with you completely.
I have the same strategy. Unfortunately when travelling abroad I usually visit a place only once. I am glad to hear that somebody else has similar approach.
Only living in a place for longer you can afford to visit same place couple of times. (I had the pleasure to enjoy few locations in Poland, Germany, America and Ireland in this way because I move constatly every few years.

Have a good day,
Mariusz