To JudyR: hi - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great JudyR 2009-05-11 12:14

Fascinating photograph.... the simplicity of the man and the extravagance of the woman. I wonder..... Judy

Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
TE Expert

Default To JudyR: hi

Thank you Judy for your kind words. I can be on standby as substitute photography [FOC u pay only air fare and backpack room/board :)]if you wed in Cambodia's Khmer style but please look direct into my camera :)

And I am waiting for your next post from Alaska :) Regards, bill
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To JudyR: hi

Thanks, Bill. I got so much advice and suggestions, I'm a little intimidated and need to understand more before I put up my next photo: for instance: how to do compression and how to figure out the size requirements. I keep having my shots rejected as too big, but I don't know how they arrive at the size requirements. Any suggestions? Judy
Old 05-12-2009, 03:25 AM
TE Expert

hi Judy

The upload size limit is 300kb or 307,000+ kilobytes, AND the max long side [vertical or horizontal] is 800pixel.

Using Photoshop Element or Photofiltre will show the pixel and the PREVIEW size before saving it.

If it is oversized, just slide the 100% down to 99% or lower until you get below 300kb.

I hope this will help. Regards, bill
Old 05-12-2009, 03:43 AM
TE Senior Member

Let me try that! Thanks. I appreciate you explaining to me how to work with photoshop elements rather than suggesting I download another program!!!! Arghghghhg. Anyway, thanks. Judy
Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 AM
TE Senior Member

OK, Bill, I found, in the "post to web" a way to lower the percentage until I got the shot under 307,000kb. I didn't want to save it as a GIF, so I existed that part and simply resized the shot and uploaded it as "Fringe on Top." I wonder if I was more successful this time?

Thanks for your help here. Judy
Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
TE Expert

hi Judy

I see the uploaded photo is 642x428pixel.

You can fix the size to 800pixel [instead of letting the computer decide for you], then save to web in jpg format and slide the % scale down to below 300kb. Regards, bill
Old 05-12-2009, 03:21 PM
TE Senior Member

I see that now, Bill. I hadn't found the slide, but Lasse sent a detailed email with examples printed of how to do what you suggested. I had gone to "post to web" and lowered the sizes by degrees until I found a way to get under 307,000kb, but that's obviously not the easy way which you had described but I hadn't seen. Now, I'll try it again with the next shot I do.... boy, live and learn. Thank you again, Bill, Judy
Old 05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
TE Expert

hi Judy

To further make your life easier [if it can] here are 2 links for you to read

click here for example 1

click here for example 2

Choose JPG,
Fix your size to 800pixel long side
then choose compression

Cheers, bill
Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
TE Senior Member

Thanks again, Bill. I get what you are saying now, and see how I lost the 800 on the long side. I've printed out the examples for further study. So much of PSE baffles me. I took a class in it and then repeated it without a thorough understanding. I'm now learning more from you and Lasse than I've learned before and I'm very grateful for your help. Let's see what happens next time! Thanks, Judy