Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great feather 2009-02-18 8:11

Stunning image Way with incredible light management. Did you merge two exposures? Taken into the sun would usually render the foreground in silhouette, but the exposure on this is perfect throughout. You captured a wonderful atmosphere of the two people fishing in the fading daylight. The detail in the rocks and the rushing water is excellent and the colours are superb.
I remember Li Phi Falls, but we were there is the full light of mid-day.
Kath

Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To feather: Lighten the shadow.

Kath thanks for you kind words,

This is just one exposure, as I told Jim the Sunset is subdue due to the haze, You can look directly at it without hurting your eyes. I did in Photoshop under Adjustment, Variation, lighten just the shadows, so the details of the foreground rock and people is more visible and I lightened the whole image itself a little, the color of the sunset is actually a bit darker than here. Depend on what we like to see, in my case here I like to see the people catching fishing, I mean literally catching with a net, and not with a line and hook, without them it would lost the essence of Laos.
Way