Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Signal-Womb 2008-08-20 15:35

Hi Viktor, I love the blue tone to this and the tranquil mood you captured. If possible I would have tried to get elevation so as the mountain and harbour be separate, whether this was possible I don't know. Other than that little nit I really like this. Well done..

Old 08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Signal-Womb: lee system

Hi Stephen,

How are you? I only have a quick question. I ordered Lee filter system, just waiting for it to be delivered soon and I have a question regarding the system. Do you use any protective (UV) filter permanently fitted on your lens and only than you have your ring & holder attached or do you have the ring fitted on the lens directly? I have CPL now on my lens permanently, hardly taking it off and I use it as protective filter at the same time. It won't be possible now with Lee system as I'm getting 105mm CPL with it.
Could you please let me know the way you use it?

Many thanks in advance*

viktor
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Signal-Womb: lee system

Hi Victor,
I just use the lee Filter system without any protective filter fitted. Usually I would keep my CP filter on but If I have to use the holder then it comes off. If I decide to keep the Cp filter on for some reason then I would just have to hold the filter to the lens. I don't have the 105mm CPL yet. Its not the end of the world if your front element gets dirty because of sea spray etc. People are far to fussy about these things IMO. I am sure you will love the Lee filters because they are a joy to use. My own grad filters have a few scratches on them because of there constant use, I don't mind, when they get too bad Il replace them.

Best Regards Steve..
Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Signal-Womb: lee system

Hi Steve,

thanks a lot for your swift reply. I can't wait to have the filters fitted on my lens!:)
I will probably also take off the UV filter. I know that I'll have to be more careful about the front glass, but I should manage to keep it spotless. Hopefully:)

Wishing you only the best light, talk later*

v.