Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2008-07-01 13:27

David,
shall I wish you a good apettite? ;-)
How close did you really get? I don't see any reference of camera and lens so I'm a little bit lost. Did you join the lioness in their feast and did a snapshot with a compact camera, or were you hidding somewhere with a huge lens? Precious moment of capture with the lady showing here new red lipstick ...
Finally an alternative photograph with quality to compete with that ugly one that appears more then often at the TE's intro page showing a dead and hanging bunny with blood dripping from his nose. You shot is actually the one that should be up there all the time. Let's move on and get rid of the less then artistic shot tha got already 165+ points and even innumerous favorites. Where are the favorites here?
Outstanding shot and yes, that is how the world functions. Carnivores, guess what? They actually eat meat!
Peter

Old 07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To pboehringer: great comment...

Hey
Thanks for that great comment, full of kind words and good points...
The camera is a Nikon D70s, Tamron lens (18-200mm). I was in a safari jeep, and the driver basically got to park it right where they were - feasting away and had been for an hour or so already. They didnt care about our presence - I was just breathless with an open jaw the whole time snapping away! So it's a pretty good zoom, but we were also right there a few metres away to watch.
Glad you didnt find it too gory... to me this is just nature.

-Dave