To PixelTerror: Thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PixelTerror 2007-10-26 1:21

Hi John,
That's a nice image that has pleasant dynamics, although given your parameters there did not seem to be plenty of available light. I have read the interesting side discussions and second the point that to post on TE you do not need to upgrade your 20D, but you can get better image quality using noise removal programs with smoother setttings. The strong image compression required to fit a field and leaves view in the 200KB is not camera dependant, you'd have exactly the same problem with a 1DsMkIII. What you could try in such a situation is to take the same picture using different ISO setttings and decide later on the PC which one to use, the 20D will do well until ISO 400. And of course shoot RAW !
Have a nice day,
Jean-Yves

Old 10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To PixelTerror: Thanks

Thanks for your input and keen insight on the issue, Jean-Yves. If our TE hosts raised the allowable size of photos to even 250kb it would have a big influence on quality of shots posted. But I am not holding my breath! Cheers.
John